Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Is The Best Bible Software?

First off, I only use the King James Version of the Bible.

I am currently using e-Sword but I don't like how when I try to copy and paste all the little numbers for the concordance come along. There doesn't seem to be a way to just copy the verse without the numbers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: After I got home from work today, I again complained to my son that I must be missing something, because e-Sword is such a neat Bible tool, and I just couldn't believe that there isn't a way to copy without getting the Strong's numbers. Well, after a bit of googling, we found that there is a way to accomplish this feat! And it is very simple! You just need to go to e-Sword then click on Downloads, then move the dropdown menu to say Bibles. You want to download the King James Version (Red Letter) module. When you run the executable file, it will attach itself into e-Sword.


If you click on the images, you will see a larger version. Look to the top of the image, I have circled the tab areas. The first image has KJV+ circled, this image shows the verses with Strong's numbers included. The second image has KJVR which stands for King James Version Red circled, and as you can see, the Strong's numbers are not included. But it is very easy to click between one tab and the next. I am so pleased!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded this one from Bible Path, but I am not totally happy with it either.

I appreciate the hard work the software builders put into these two programs, and both are effective. However, since E-Sword doesn't allow me to copy and paste without the little numbers, I have to have both programs open. Then the Bible Path abbreviates every book of the Bible, which is one of the things I don't like about it.

I would be willing to pay for the right program. Here is another program I might look into: SwordSearcher. It has a free evaluation copy. However, it contains many versions of the Bible, which I would not need to have. It also contains a lot of books and commentaries. Hmmm...

Can you recommend one that I can try?



Are you saved? Would you like to know where you will spend eternity? I invite you to visit Do You Know Where You Will Spend Eternity? from Florida Grace Bible Berean Church. Please notify me if this link breaks!

No comments: