Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fellowship With The Saints

When I was a younger person, I never looked forward to going to church. When I became an adult, I stopped going to church shortly after my first child was born, and never set foot into a church for more than 20 years.

But when I started learning about grace, and found a church to attend that taught the grace message, I found that I wanted to spend time with other people who understood the Bible rightly divided. It's wonderful to be around your brothers and sisters in the body of Christ who care about you, want to know what's going on in your life, and want to both comfort and edify you. Paul says:

(1 Thessalonians 5:11) Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
From Strong's Greek Dictionary:
Comfort: to call near, that is, invite, invoke (by imploration, hortation or consolation): - beseech, call for, (be of good) comfort, desire, (give) exhort (-ation), intreat, pray.

Edify: to be a house builder, that is, construct or (figuratively) confirm: - (be in) build (-er, -ing, up), edify, embolden.


In Christ,

Are you saved? Would you like to know where you will spend eternity? I invite you to visit Do You Know Where You Will Spend Eternity? from Florida Grace Bible Berean Church. Please notify me if this link breaks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel the same ..Sister !
Keep on edifying while it is still
day.

God Bless,
BrotherMark